Recipe: Tasty Blue Cheeseball
Cream cheese, flavorful cheddar cheese, and blue cheese are mixed together to create a flavorful, hearty blue cheese ball that has a creamy texture with chopped celery and pecans for a nice crispy contrast.
This may seem like a silly question, but I'm really serious ... Does your family seem to have cheese at every family reunion you have? Because I've recently discovered that on both my husband's and my husband's side, there is literally no family get-together that isn't about cheese. (Sad faces of my lactose-intolerant family. Yes, we are such idiots.)
You can cook Blue Cheeseball using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blue Cheeseball
- Prepare 2 (8 oz.) of Packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temp.).
- You need 1 (4 oz) package of Danish Blue Cheese Crumbles (60 days aged.).
- Prepare 6 medium to small pickled pepperoncini, minced.
- It's 1/3 cup of thin-sliced green onions or scallion.
- You need 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Louisiana "Southern Sweet" Cayenne Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of toasted chopped walnuts.
Blue Cheeseball instructions
- Assemble Ingredients.
- Chop the scallions and pepperoncini.
- Toast the walnuts over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the walnuts, and mix until homogeneous. Gather up the mixture with your hands and shape it into a ball. Roll to coat in the Walnuts.
- Cover with saran and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. It will get better with more time. Serve with Ritz Crackers.