How to Prepare Perfect Baked eggs
Try these oven-baked eggs! This is an easy way to make breakfast specials from everyday ingredients. (What can eggs not? Seriously.) Here you pour the eggs into a small baking dish and then fill them with the toppings of your choice. Simple like parmesan and herbs or unusual like sautéed spinach and mushrooms. Here's the basic method, and some more fun topping ideas!
How to make baked eggs: the basic method
Baked eggs are so easy, you hardly need a recipe! You don't really need it. Remember this simple method and you can repeat it for a special lunch:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The right temperature for baking eggs.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter for each dish. Put them in the preheated oven so they can work quickly.
- Then sweep it around your plate. Replace neutral oil with non-dairy.
- Add 2 eggs per plate. To avoid clams, break them into a small bowl first, and then add them to it. But you can also go straight to the plate.
- Add salt and pepper. One teaspoon of salt per dish is enough!
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Usually, ours is perfect at 13 minutes. Read on to find out more about baking times!
How long to bake eggs
The exact time it takes to bake an egg depends on several variables: the right oven heat, the thickness of the pan, and how runny you want the yolk to be.
It takes about 12 to 15 minutes to cook the eggs in the casserole dishes until the yolks are runny and the whites harden. Its style is closest to that of an ox-eye egg.
Cook longer to fully cook the yolks. This will get closer to a hard egg.
It takes a little longer for a thick roasting plate.
After 12 minutes, start checking: look at the egg whites around the yolk and make sure it's cooked through.
Baked eggs topping
Here comes the fun part: adding toppings to your baked eggs! This can be as complex or as simple as you like. Our favorite is just parmesan and fresh herbs, which take a snap. Here are some ideas to get your wheels spinning:
- Parmesan and fresh herbs: try spring onions, fresh thyme, or sliced basil
- Cheddar and Pico de Gallo: Go Tex Mex with a pinch of salsa on top! Or use Pico de Gallo.
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Feta: Try This Best Sauteed Mushroom, we added a few handfuls of spinach.
- Fried vegetables: Or serve with sautéed garlic spinach or fried kale.
- Vegan Bacon or Bacon: Try adding some coconut bacon crumbs or shiitake bacon.
Ingredients of Baked eggs
- You need 1 large egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of heavy cream.
- It's of Salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbs of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella).
Baked eggs instructions
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray muffin tin with cooking oil.
- In a muffin tin break 1 egg in each hole (can cook 1-12 at a time).
- Pour heavy cream on top of the egg and don’t mix then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 12-13 minutes.