How to Prepare Delicious Chicken cordon bleu
Chicken cordon bleu. The classic way to prepare chicken cordon bleu is to pound the breast thinly, coat it with ham and cheese, roll it into a log, cool, dust with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, then deep-fried (and you need plenty of oil to fry). It is no different from Chicken Kyiv in this regard.
How to Make Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu
I filled my Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu by simply cutting a pocket into the chicken breast and then filling it with cheese rolled up in the ham (helps the cheese melt, great reader tip!). Fix with a toothpick - done! Filling done!
Insider tip: Bake bread flour in the oven
If you've baked something crumbly before and have been disappointed with the result, that it turned out pasty and blotchy and/or not as crispy as you hoped it would be, you'll love this cheeky tip.
Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil and bake for 3 minutes. In this oven roast, breadcrumbs come first when it comes to the color / crispy factor.
Result: breaded / grilled chicken that was golden all over and really crispy, like fried! The extra step is optional but totally worth it in my opinion.
Ingredients of Chicken cordon bleu
- You need 1 of deli roasted chicken rotisserie.
- It's 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 C of milk.
- You need 2 t of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 t of salt.
- You need 1/4 t of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli-sliced ham.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of croutons partially crushed.
Chicken cordon bleu instructions
- Shred chicken and add to a large bowl along with the cream of chicken soup, milk, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix until blended then pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Roughly chop ham and layer on top of chicken mixture then top with shredded swiss cheese..
- Top casserole with partially crushed croutons.
- Cover with foil.
- Loosely cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and dinner rolls.