Recipe: Yummy Black Forest Cake Parfait
Black Forest Cake Parfait. I was in charge of dessert at a friend's pool party a few weeks ago and my mother made a request for the Black Forest trifle. I know I made my favorite Reese peanut butter cupcake, so chocolate and cherries would be a great alternative.
I love Trivia because they are so easy to put together and they always look impressive. Like my favorite mom's banana pudding - looks so impressive, but it's simple and so tasty. Or my other Fall favorite Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle.
I don't bake my cakes from scratch because I have twins and am already baking them. Sorry, but it's the truth - even food bloggers are like a chatbox mix every now and then!
However, if you want to bake your own cake, then this chocolate cake from Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dream Cake is perfect! This is a super moist dark chocolate cake and will make a great cupcake crust.
You can cook black forest cake parfait using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of black forest cake parfait
- You need the moist chocolate cake.
- Prepare 3 cups of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of kirsch cherry brandy or cherry jello package.
- It's 1 can of cherry pie filling.
- It's 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 16 oz of cheesecake filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 of brown sugar.
black forest cake parfait step by step
- cool cake 15 minutes. stir 1 cup boiling water with jello package for 2 minutes to dissolve. add 1/4 cool water. Pierce cakes with large forks and pour jello mixture over and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- place cheesecake filling or whip cream filling in between cake layers with cherry pie filling.