Recipe: Tasty White Chocolate Layer Cake Filled with Strawberry Mousse and Frosted with Whipped Strawberry White Chocolate Ganache
White Chocolate Layer Cake Filled with Strawberry Mousse and Frosted with Whipped Strawberry White Chocolate Ganache. Ice the cake generously with the white chocolate icing using a spatula, so it forms soft peaks all over the cake. Once the cake is completely iced, take the strawberries out of the freezer. Arrange them around the perimeter of the top of the cake, points inward, and around the bottom of the cake, points upward.
This post has been sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until well blended. You can have White Chocolate Layer Cake Filled with Strawberry Mousse and Frosted with Whipped Strawberry White Chocolate Ganache using 21 ingredients and 31 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Chocolate Layer Cake Filled with Strawberry Mousse and Frosted with Whipped Strawberry White Chocolate Ganache
- It's of FOR STRAWBERRY PUREE.
- You need 1 quart of fresh strawberrys, stems removed and sliced.
- You need of FOR STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING.
- It's 1 1/2 of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 16 ounces of white chocolate, chopped, not chips.
- You need 3/4 cup of strawberry puree.
- It's of FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of cake four.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 4 ounces of white chocolate, chopped, not chips.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperaturee.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs, seperated, yolks in a bowl, whites in a seperature large bowl.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tarter.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of FOR STRAWBERRY MOUSSE FILLING.
- You need 1 box (3 ounce) of strawberry jello.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- It's 1 cup of cold strawberry puree.
- It's 1 1/4 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Just in time for Valentine's Day, this decadent layer cake is the perfect way to spoil someone special. Layers of homemade chocolate cake and cheesecake frosting are topped with fresh strawberries and a rich chocolate ganache drizzle. If you're a regular reader here at A Savory Feast, you know recipes like this aren't the norm! Slowly mix in the cooled white chocolate mixture.
White Chocolate Layer Cake Filled with Strawberry Mousse and Frosted with Whipped Strawberry White Chocolate Ganache step by step
- MAKE STRAWBERRY PUREE FOR MOUSSE AND FROSTING.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender and reserve all juice to use for filling and topping.
- MAKE STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING.
- Heat cream until hot but not boiling, pour over white chocolate, let sit one minute then stir untl smooth.
- Stir in strawberry puree and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Right before frosting cake (Don't whip until your ready to frost cake, you can have this chilled up to 2 days before whipping) Beat until light and flffy when ready to frost cake.
- MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 4 - 8 - inch cake pans with bakers spray.
- Whisk flour baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Melt white chocolate until smooth either in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and sugar until well combined, beat in egg yolks, vanilla and white chocolate until smooth.
- Add the flour alternating with the buttermilk.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until they hold firm peaks.
- Fold egg whites into cake batter until combined.
- Divide into prepared pans and bake until cake is golden and toothpick comes out just clean, about 25 minutes..
- Cool 30 minutes in pans on rack before removing to cool completely.
- MAKE SYRAWBERRY MOUSSE.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in cold syrawberry puree to mix really well, refrigerate until cold and starting to thicken but NOT setting up.
- Beat cream to soft peaks, add vanilla and beat until it holds its shape.
- Fold strawberry and cream together until uniform in color, chill until its thick enough to be spreadable, about 2 hours.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place on cake layer, bottom up on serving platter.
- Cover with 1/3 of the thickened strawberry mousse.
- Add second cake layer, bottom up and cover with another 1/3 of strawberry mousse.
- Add third layer of cake and cover wiypth remaining mousse. Refrigerate until cake and mousse firm up at least 2 hours.
- Whip the White Chocolate Strawberry Ganache frosting and frost the top and sides of cake. Refigerate again untjil frosting fims up before garmnishing and slicing.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and red, pink and white sprinkles.
Once chocolate mixture is mixed in, beat at high speed until the frosting is the consistency of whipped cream. Frost the cake by adding a layer of frosting between the cake layers and then spread remaining frosting on the sides and top of the cake. Garnish the cake with chocolate curls on top. Use a small layer of frosting on the bottom of each cake layer, just to prevent any soggy cake layers. Assemble the cakes by adding a nice layer of strawberry filling and repeat.