Recipe: Tasty Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover
Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover. Do you remember the apple sales I posted some time ago? Ever since I posted it, I've been thinking about new ideas for revenue. With spring around the corner, I feel like the berry version is fine.
So I made a strawberry envelope and then filled it with cream cheese filling. Because cream cheese has been proven to make everything better.
After I finished selling these strawberry puff cakes, I gave them to my in-laws and they immediately asked for the recipe. I can guarantee you will love this too!
You can have Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover
- Prepare of Strawberry filling.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (or other berries:).
- It's 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It's of Cream cheese filling.
- You need 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 6 squares to puff pastry sheets 5x5 inches.
- Prepare for Egg wash.
- It's 1 of each egg.
- Prepare 2 ounces of milk.
- It's of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees for a conventional oven.
- Clean and chop up the strawberries, then add the sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Set aside.
- With a bowl mix together the cream cheese, powder sugar, and vanilla with a rubber spatula for about 2 minutes, then mix in the berries until incorporated.
- Layout your puff pastry squares from the freezer and let them soften.
- Mix together the egg yolk and milk to make the egg wash.
- It makes too much but it's hard to use half an egg. You could recycle what's left and make some French Toast Batter:).
- Lightly brush the outside edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Evenly divide the filling between the six squares. Keep the filling in the center. **Note do a test with the first one making sure it looks good and then do the next five at the same time:).
- Carefully fold over in a triangle shape pressing the edges with a fork to crimp. You are trying to not squeeze the filling out the side.
- Poke the top about three times with a fork; this is called docking it will allow the steam to escape in the cooking process.
- Brush the turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle sugar liberality over the top.
- Place on a sheet pan with parchment and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and delicious..
- Pull from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the glaze with the powder sugar milk and vanilla. (should be thicker than heavy cream in a pourable consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the turnovers and enjoy. Powder sugar sprinkle topping adds a sweet ending.