Recipe: Tasty Chocolate mousse cake 🍰
Chocolate mousse cake 🍰. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and slowly stream in half of the hot cream while whisking. Add egg yolk mixture into saucepan with remaining hot cream and whisk to combine. It does take a little pre-planning but worth all the effort.
This super moist dark chocolate mousse cake combines unsweetened natural cocoa powder and dark cocoa powder for an extra rich flavor. Fill the cake with a simplified chocolate mousse and cover the whole dessert with semi-sweet chocolate ganache. If needed, you can prepare the ganache and mousse ahead of time. You can cook Chocolate mousse cake 🍰 using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse cake 🍰
- You need of Chocolate cake::.
- Prepare 228 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 414 g of sugar.
- It's 85 g of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 240 ml of milk.
- It's 120 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare of Chocolate mousse.
- It's 4 of large eggs yolks.
- It's 52 g of sugar.
- Prepare 420 ml of heavy whipping cream,divided.
- Prepare 227 g of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 86 g of powdered sugar.
- It's of Chocolate whipped cream frosting;.
- Prepare 600 ml of heavy whipping cream,cold.
- You need 68 g of powdered sugar.
- You need 57 g of natural unsweetened cocoa.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Chocolate sprinkles.
Do not boil at any time. Add melted chocolate and whisk consistently. Spoon onto the cake in an even layer. Unmould the cake and place on a serving platter.
Chocolate mousse cake 🍰 step by step
- Add the flour sugar,cocoa,baking soda,baking powder,and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine,set aside add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a medium sized bowl and combine,.
- All the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined,divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and bake for 22-25 mins, remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 mins.
- When the cakes have cooled make the chocolate mousse, combine the egg yolks,sugar and heavy cream whisking constantly, it'll be ready when it has thickened, lightened a bit in colour and has more volume,.
- Frost the all side with the cake, finish off cake with some chocolate sprinkles,then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place the chocolate in a bowl. In the microwave oven or in a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Chocolate Mousse Cake with Raspberries Bakealong. Divide the batter among the prepared pans. This mousse cake recipe is inspired by Marcel Desaulniers from The Food Network.