Recipe: Perfect Deans pecan pie
Deans pecan pie.
You can have Deans pecan pie using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deans pecan pie
- It's 1 of and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 4 tablespoons of cold water divided.
- You need of for filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- It's 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/4 cups pecan halves.
Deans pecan pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° f. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Drizzle oil into flour mixture; toss with fork to combine. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut mixture until coarse crumbs form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons of water, stirring until dough can be gathered into a ball. (Add remaining water if nessasary) press into a disc. Wrap in waxed paper. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While dough is in the freezer prepare filling. In medium bowl, whisk together in corn syrup, butter, and vanilla. Stir in pecans..
- Remove dough from freezer. Roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper to a. 12-inch circle. Remove top sheet. Turn dough over into a 9-inch pie plate. Remove remaning waxed paper. Trim the excess dough, leaving a 1/2 inch overhang. Fold edges under and crimp..
- Pour filling into crust. Bake until set and crust is golden, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.