Recipe: Perfect Creamy Custard Pumpkin Pie
Creamy Custard Pumpkin Pie.
You can cook Creamy Custard Pumpkin Pie using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Custard Pumpkin Pie
- It's 1 of 9 inche pastry pie shell fit into pie pan and chilled while making filling.
- It's 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of canned 100% pure Pumpkin.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It's 1/4 tsp of of ground nutmeg and ground allspice and ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of FOR WHIPPED CEAM TOPPING.
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of unflavored gelatin.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed gingersnap cookies.
Creamy Custard Pumpkin Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- FOR PIE FILLING.
- Combine all pie ingredients, eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, spices,salt and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth, pour into pie shell bake 35 to 45 minutes or until pie is set and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out with very little moisture on it.
- Cool on wire rack and when cool, chill.
- FOR TOPPING.
- In a small bowl place 1 tablespoon cold water, add gelatin soften 5 minutes, Heat a small skillet big enough to hold gelatin cup to simmering, add softened gelatin cup and cook just until clear remove from heat. This will stabalize the whipped cream topping when you add it so it will last a few days chilled on pie..
- In a chilled bowl whip the cup heavy cream until it holds soft peaks, add confectioners sugar and gelatin being sure gelatin is still liquid beat until stiff peaks, add vanilla.
- Top Chilled pie with whipped cream, sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs.