Recipe: Perfect Chocolate mousse
Chocolate mousse. Great layered like a parfait then frozen. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover.
Chocolate mousse has very few ingredients so it's important to use the best quality chocolate — its flavor will shine through. I like semi-sweet chocolate but if you prefer your mousse with a darker chocolate flavor, use bittersweet. Remember, the higher the cacao percentage, the less sweet the chocolate. You can have Chocolate mousse using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse
- You need 2 cups of chilled heavy cream.
- You need 4 of large egg yolks.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened),chopped.
- Prepare of Garnish: lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- It's as needed of Cake crumbs.
- You need 3-4 of Oreo biscuits crushed.
Chocolate Mousse = Whipped Cream + Easy Folding This easy chocolate mousse makes the most of its two ingredients by using the cream three different ways. You'll melt the chocolate with some of the cream to create a soft ganache, whip more cream to soft peaks for garnishing, and then whip the rest to medium peaks for the mousse. Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl, over a pot of simmering water, stir with a rubber spatula as the chocolate melts, if the pan starts to get too hot, remove it from the heat. Continue to stir the chocolate until it has melted completely, then remove from the heat.
Chocolate mousse instructions
- Heat 3/4 cup cream in a heavy saucepan until hot..
- Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream in a slow stream, whisking until combined..
- Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly..
- Pour custard through a fine-mash sieve into a bowl and stir in vanilla..
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Whisk custard into chocolate until smooth, then cool..
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Whisk one fourth of cream into chocolate custard to lighten, then fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly..
- Take a glass.Put a layer of Oreo biscuits and then cake crumbs.Pour 2 spoon of mousse and repeat it and chill,covered, at least 6 hours..
- Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving..
A mousse is defined as a soft prepared food that involves creating air bubbles to give it a light fluffy texture. The texture can range from light and fluffy to a rich and creamy texture, depending on how the mousse is made, This chocolate mousse is prepared in the classic French way which uses both whipped cream and egg whites. Chocolate Mousse may well be the ultimate chocolate fix! Rich and creamy, yet light and fluffy, one pot is satisfying but always leaves me wanting more……. This is a classic chocolate mousse made the proper French way, as served in fine dining restaurants.