Recipe: Perfect Chocolate Mousse 3 Layer Cake
Chocolate Mousse 3 Layer Cake.
You can have Chocolate Mousse 3 Layer Cake using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse 3 Layer Cake
- You need of Sponge Cake Layer.
- You need 1 TBsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 TBsp of milk.
- It's 1 Cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 3 of Eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare of Red Velvet Layers.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- It's 2 TBsp of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of Baking Soda.
- It's 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract or Strawberry Extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Red Food Colouring.
- It's of Chocolate Mousse Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Prepare 225 g of Cadbury Milk Chocolate Melts.
- It's 250 ml of Anchor Long Life Cream.
- It's 1 pack (250 g) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (At Room Temperature).
- You need 1 Tsp of Caster Sugar.
Chocolate Mousse 3 Layer Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180*c (350*f)..
- Make the sponge cake first. Put butter and milk in a small microwave bowl and melt the butter, set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and sugar. (always sift the dry ingredients when making a cake)..
- In a electric mixer, add and mix sugar and eggs, add one egg at a time, and mix well til well combined. Then add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the flour mixture in 3 parts and fold in the melted butter and milk til the batter is mixed well. The batter should be a little runny so it is easy to pour in your cake tin..
- Pour the batter in a greased springform cake tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes. While the cake is cooking, clean your mixer bowl and prepare the red velvet layers..
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and soda. In a clean mixer bowl, add eggs, oil, buttermilk, food colouring and vanilla extract and mix well. Then slowly add the flour mixture and fold in, careful not to over mix..
- Spread the batter evenly in two greased cake tins (make sure that the cake tins are the same brand) When the sponge cake is baked, take out of the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack and put the red velvet batter cake tins in and bake for 30-35 minutes..
- Now it's time to make the chocolate frosting. Again, clean your mixer bowl. Add the chocolate melts and cream in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute, and stir till the chocolate has melted and mixed well. Set aside, and again, in a clean mixer bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the chocolate and sugar and mix till smooth and creamy. Put the mouse in the fridge until the cake layers are completely cooled..
- Assemble the cake. Carefully place one red velvet layer on a large plate or a cake plate if you have one. Gently shave off some the top of the layer. Next, made some strawberry icing with icing sugar, strawberry extract and red food colouring and spread the icing on the top and put the sponge layer on top of the layer and gently press down and add more icing on top. Then, add the second red velvet layer on top. Then frost the whole cake with the chocolate mousse. If desired, you can decorate your cake with the extra frosting. Put the fridge for 30 minutes for the mousse to set..