Recipe: Delicious Kassanis sweet potato pie
Kassanis sweet potato pie. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and People who have eaten sweet potato pie all their lives say this recipe is the best they have ever tasted. I have made minor changes to suit my taste. This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices.
Nothing says Thanksgiving like an old fashioned sweet potato pie. Your family and friends will love this simple recipe, which tastes even better with a big scoop of ice cream served on top. Sweet potato pie is pumpkin pie's first cousin—like good cousins, they're best friends, practically identical twins, but with just enough Sweet potatoes are sweeter than pumpkins, and though the pies are usually made in the same way with eggs, cream or evaporated milk, and pie spices, sweet. You can have Kassanis sweet potato pie using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kassanis sweet potato pie
- You need 1 lb of orange flesh sweet potatoes peeled cooked and cooled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of of kosher salt.
- It's 1 of 9 inch ready made pie crust deep dish.
- It's 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of melted butter.
A lightened-up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving. While most dessert pack empty calories, this dessert is made with healthy sweet potatoes, which are If you've never baked a sweet potato dessert, you're missing out! I love baking this sweet potato pie recipe during the holidays. This is a video about how to make Southern Sweet Potato Pie (Brown Butter).
Kassanis sweet potato pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beush melted butter on the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake until it starts to brown. Let cool before filling it..
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients well with a hand mixer to remove the strings from the potatoes..
- Once crust os cool enough, add the filling and smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour and check. Bake up to 30 minutes more. The pie should be firm and set. Let cool at least an hour before serving. Store covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. Enjoy..
Sweet potato pie is lighter yet creamier than its pumpkin cousin, with a heavy dose of vanilla and subtle spices. Beyond tasting better, sweet potato pie is easier to bake. It doesn't require cooking the filling, as the sweet potatoes are fully baked in advance, and the pie crust doesn't require blind. Many sweet potato pie recipes call for boiling the sweet potatoes but in this recipe they are roasted. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or beaters), beat the butter and brown.