Recipe: Delicious Kabocha Squash Cheesecake, Halloween-style
Kabocha Squash Cheesecake, Halloween-style.
You can have Kabocha Squash Cheesecake, Halloween-style using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Cheesecake, Halloween-style
- You need 200 grams of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 150 grams of Kabocha squash.
- It's 60 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cake flour.
- You need 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Rum.
- It's 20 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Chocolate chips.
- Prepare 12 of ★Plain cookies or biscuits.
- It's 50 grams of ★Butter.
Kabocha Squash Cheesecake, Halloween-style step by step
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. In a plastic bag, smash the ★ cookies finely with a rolling pin. Microwave the ★ butter..
- In a bowl, mix the crushed cookies and melted butter. Line a tart pan with parchment paper, spread out the cookie mixture and press down over plastic wrap..
- When the crust is evenly spread out and pressed, chill in the refrigerator. If you have any cookie mixture left over, chill in a heatproof container..
- Cut the de-seeded kabocha into bite sized pieces, wrap with plastic wrap and microwave until soft. Remove the skin and pass the rest through a strainer to puree it..
- Cut out the Jack-O'-Lantern face with the kabocha squash peel. Cut the peel into rectangular strips first before making triangles and squares..
- In a bowl, whip the softened cream cheese until smooth, and sift in the sugar while mixing constantly..
- Beat the eggs and add to the cheese mixture little by little. Add the pureed kabocha squash from Step 4 and mix well. Add cake flour and mix again..
- Add the cream, lemon juice, and rum, in that order. Add melted butter at the end. Preheat the oven to 360F/180C..
- Take the tart pan with the cookie crust out of the refrigerator. Scatter chocolate chips (if you add too many, the cake will lose its kabocha squash flavor)..
- Pour the cheesecake batter. Carefully place the Jack-O'-Lantern facial features from Step 5 on the surface, keeping in mind that you will be cutting the cake into 8 pieces..
- Bake for 45 minutes. When a bamboo skewer poked in the middle comes out clean, it's done. Cool, and refrigerate overnight..
- When it's completely chilled and firm, take it carefully out of the pan and slice with a warm knife (wipe off the blade after every cut for clean cuts)..