Recipe: Delicious Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling
Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling. Line bottoms with parchment paper In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. To make the chocolate cake, you can refer to my Choco Butternut Loaf recipe. As for the caramel mousse, I start off by heating whipped cream using the double boiler method.
You begin by making a caramel mousse. It's basically just burnt sugar, heavy cream, butter, vanilla bean paste, and gelatin. You make a caramel then allow that situation too cool completely. You can have Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling
- You need of CAKE.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate chopped.
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of CARAMEL MOUSSE FILLING.
- You need 1 of full recipe of my Caramel Mousse, recipe attached in direction step #7.
- You need of GARNISH.
- It's of caramel opcorn, my recipe is attached in direction step #9.
- You need 1/4 cup of dark chocolate shavings.
Then you fold cold whipped heavy cream into this silkiness and allow to set for a couple of hours in the freezer. Caramel Filling: Mix the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, superfine sugar, and milk in a heavy saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat, and set in a large bowl filled with ice water. Once set, finishing frosting the top and sides of the cake.
Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2– 8 inch cake pans with bakers spray. Line bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. About 2 minutes Pour into large bowl and add butter and chocolate and stir until smooth..Let cool 5 minutes,then beat in eggs and vanilla just until smooth.
- Meanwhile whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture all at once and beat just until smooth about 1 minute. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake about 23 to 25 minutes until cake springs back when touched and a toothpick comes out with just a few little crumbs. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Run a small knife around pans to release cake to wire rack to cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE COLE.
- Lay one cake layer on serving plate, cover with 1/2 of the Caramel Mousse. Recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342860-caramel-mousse.
- Add the second cake layer and cover with the remaining Caramel Mousse.
- Decorate with Caramel Popcorn, recipe attached below. Sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358852-crispy-toffee-caramel-popcorn.
The ingredients you will need to make chocolate mousse for a cake filling include: hot water, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar. Made with condensed milk and golden syrup this is absolute heaven. This chocolate mousse cake has three parts: chocolate cake, homemade chocolate mousse, and chocolate frosting. If you don't want to make the cake from scratch, you could use a box cake mix. White Chocolate Caramel Mousse Brownie Cake This White Chocolate Caramel Mousse Brownie Cake has two layers of creamy no bake mousse on a fudgy brownie bottom.