Recipe: Appetizing Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day
Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day. Great recipe for Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day. This recipe takes a lot of work, but it is surely delicious. The gateau au chocolat base does not use any flour, so it is moist, and the rich flavor is so delicious.
Frost with the remaining mousse, and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with fresh fruit or chocolate shavings. And it tastes even better than it looks. You can cook Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day
- Prepare of [Gateau au chocolat batter].
- You need 90 grams of Chocolate.
- It's 60 grams of and 20 grams Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of Egg yolks (large).
- You need 3 of Egg white (large).
- It's of [Chocolate mousse].
- Prepare 135 grams of Chocolate.
- You need 2 of Egg yolks (large).
- It's 130 ml of Heavy cream (non-dairy heavy cream is ok).
- Prepare 2/3 tbsp of ☆ Gelatin.
- It's 50 ml of ☆ Water.
- Prepare 2 of Egg whites (large).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- It's of [To decorate the cake].
- Prepare 1 of Your favorite fruits, decorative chocolate, whipped cream.
- Prepare 1 of [Chocolate tiara ].
- It's 1 of Excluded from the recipe: melted butter, flour.
A crunchy Oreo crust topped with silky, smooth chocolate mousse and clouds of freshly whipped cream. It's the perfect no bake chocolate cake. Place the first cake layer down on a cake plate, then spread chocolate mousse until even. Keep repeating, making sure you spread mousse on the top of the cake as well.
Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day instructions
- [Gateau au chocolat base] Preparation: Grease the cake pan with melted butter. Chill in the refrigerator, then dust the surface with flour. Melt the chocolate for gateau au chocolat in a double-boiler at around 60℃..
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add and mix the 60 g of granulated sugar a little by little. Beat it well until it is thick and it drips like a ribbon..
- Add [Step 2] to the melted chocolate..
- [Meringue] In a separate bowl over ice water, add and lightly whip the egg white. Add the 20 g of granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form..
- Using a whisk, add 1/3 of the meringue into the chocolate cream from the Step 3. Using a spatula, fold in the remaining meringue..
- Pour the batter in a bottom of a removable cake pan and bake at 180℃ for 35 minutes..
- Once it is cooled down, take the cake out from the pan, wash the pan, wipe off the excess water, and return the cake back in the pan..
- [The mousse part] Preparation: Melt the chocolate in a double-broiler at around 60℃. Combine the 2/3 tablespoon of gelatin and 50 ml of water. When it softens, warm it in a double-boiler to dissolve the gelatin..
- Combine the dissolved gelatin in the melted chocolate, add the egg yolk and mix it well..
- [Whipped cream] In another bowl, over ice water, beat the heavy cream until it is the same stiffness as the Step 9 mixture..
- Add the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture from Step 9..
- [Meringue] In a separate bowl over ice water, add and lightly whip the egg white. Add the 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks form..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the rest of the remaining meringue..
- Reserve about 1/7 of the chocolate mixture. Pour the remaining mixture from the top of the pan. Put it in the freezer to rapidly chill it for about 15 minutes..
- Wrap the cake pan with a steamed towel (microwave it) to warm up the pan and take the cake out. Spread the remaining mousse to adjust the shape and chill in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours..
- Decorate as you like..
Then, spread a thin layer of chocolate mousse around the sides of the cake. The chocolate mousse filling adds a cool creamy texture that compliments the dense chocolate cake layer. It's smooth, velvety, and extraordinarily decadent. This cake has loads of chocolate from top to bottom. The cool, rich texture makes it great for any special occasion or holiday.