How to Prepare Delicious Butterscoth mousse cake
Butterscoth mousse cake. To make butterscotch mousse: Place cream and butterscotch chips in sauce pan. Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth and fully blended. Transfer mixture to a bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of mixture (this will prevent a skin from forming).
Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. For those on detox or diet, bookmark this. For the rest of us, oh my gawd, let's talk about this crazy good cake. You can have Butterscoth mousse cake using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butterscoth mousse cake
- It's 1/5 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of agar agar gelatin powder.
- You need 2 cups of milk full fat.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla butterscotch.
- It's 2 cups of cream whipped.
- You need of Chocolate Butterscotch chips Nuts for garnish.
The mousse is simple to make and light enough to provide a textural contrast against the cake without dissipating before it marries up with the cake crumb. Butterscotch Mousse - Step by Step Pictorial Mix agar agar flakes (or gelatin) with water and bring it to a boil. The agar will dissolve in the water Bring sugar and water to a boil and let the sugar caramelize and turn a deep brown color. Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding magic - one batter transforms into a warm butterscotch pudding cake AND butterscotch sauce!
Butterscoth mousse cake step by step
- Whip the cream to form stiff peaks and keep it refrigerated until required..
- Heat up the milk. Reserve 1/4 cup of the milk and mix cornstarch in it. Set aside..
- In a clean pan, add the sugar and water and bring it to a gentle boil. Let the mixture keep boiling for 5-6 minutes. You’ll start to see that it starts turning a deep brown colour. DO NOT STIR. Just let the mixture cook on medium-low heat..
- Once the water has almost evaporated, add the butter and swirl the pan around..
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk/cream and mix well. At this point, you can stir to incorporate everything well..
- Add the cornstarch paste to the mixture and keep stirring constantly. In about 3-4 minutes, the mixture will start to thicken. Keep cooking till it has reached a thick sauce like consistency and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile – Add the agar-agar solution to the mixture and mix well. Let the mixture cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring constantly. Switch of the flame..
- As the mixture cools, keep stirring. This will prevent a skin from forming on top. Once the mixture is cool, add the vanilla/butterscotch extract and mix well..
- Pass the mixture through a sieve to get a smooth, lump-free mixture..
- Add the cooled mixture to the previously whipped cream. Gently fold the mixture into the cream..
- Divide the mixture equally between serving glasses. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until it has set. (It could take about 3-4 hours).
- Garnish with chocolate chips or butterscotch chips, or chopped nuts & serve..
The cake is fudgy and moist, and the sauce is rich and indulgent, just like a homemade caramel sauce. This recipe is the butterscotch version of everybody's favourite Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding. Just as quick, just as easy, just as loved! Use a spoon to drizzle butterscotch over the top of the cake. Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.