Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Best Pumpkin Pie Ever
Best Pumpkin Pie Ever.
You can cook Best Pumpkin Pie Ever using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Pumpkin Pie Ever
- It's 2 ½ cups of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cups of Unsalted butter , cold , cut into small pieces.
- You need ¼ cup of Ice water , plus more if needed.
- Prepare 1 (15 ounce) can of Pumpkin puree.
- It's 3 of Egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 of Egg large.
- Prepare 1 (14 ounce) can of condensed milk Sweetened.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon Ground.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of ginger Ground.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt Fine.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg Freshly grated.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom Ground.
- It's 1/8 teaspoon of Pumpkin pie spices.
Best Pumpkin Pie Ever instructions
- In the bowl of food processor, combine flour and salt: pulse to combine. Add the butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some large pieces remaining, about 10 seconds. (To mix by hand, combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then cut in butter with a pastry blender)..
- Ice water is added (with the machine running) until the texture of the dough is crumbly and just holds together; the dough should not be wet or sticky. Do not process more than 30 seconds. Test by squeezing a small amount of the dough together; if it is still too crumbly, add a bit more water, 1 tablespoon at a time..
- Warp in plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight..
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out one disk of dough to 12-inch round. With a dry pastry brush, sweep off excess flour, fit dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate, Pressing into the edges. Trim dough to meet the edge of the pie plate. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. On a lightly floured piece of parchment, roll out the other disk of dough. Transfer dough (on parchment) to a baking sheet. Chill pie shell and dough until firm, about 30 min.
- For decorate if you want; Using leaf-shaped cutter or knife, from the sheet of dough. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water lightly brush the bottoms of the leaf with egg wash, and gently press, slightly overlapping, to adhere to the dough, until the entire rim is covered. Lightly brush the decorated edge with egg wash, don’t let it pool. Chill pie shell until firm, about 30 min. Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 375° F..
- Line shell with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edge are just beginning to turn golden, 15 to 20 min. Remove parchment and weights. Return crust to the oven, continue baking until light golden all over, 15 to 20 min more. Cool completely on a wire rack..
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk until thoroughly combined..
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving..