Easiest Way to Make Perfect Vanilla Cake Roll with Cranberry Mousse Filling
Vanilla Cake Roll with Cranberry Mousse Filling. Great recipe for Vanilla Cake Roll with Cranberry Mousse Filling. This is a festive Holiday Cake using the short season for cranberrys for a mousse filling using them. Spread a thin layer of the cranberry preserves over the entire surface of the sponge cake.
Gently re-roll the cake into a tight spiral. Fill this gluten-free chocolate cake with this vanilla mousse cake filling. Squirt some vanilla cake filling into the center of red velvet cupcakes before you add the frosting. You can cook Vanilla Cake Roll with Cranberry Mousse Filling using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Cake Roll with Cranberry Mousse Filling
- Prepare of VANILLA CAKE ROLL.
- You need 6 of large eggs, seperated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It's 1/4 cup of buttermik, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare of CRANBERRY MOUSSE FILLING.
- It's 1 of recipe Cranberry Mousse, recipe attached in direction step # 12.
- Prepare 1 of recipe White Chocolate Ganache Frosting and Filling, recipe attached in direction step #14.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare of Candied Cranberrys, recipe attached in direction step #15.
- Prepare of Holiday sprinkles.
It will be a delightful surprise. A simple vanilla roll cake with red and green dots and spirals of creamy buttercream is the perfect dessert for Christmas parties. This spiral cake has always caught my attention. Although it carries different names depending from country to country, I find roll cakes prettier than a layer cake.
Vanilla Cake Roll with Cranberry Mousse Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to. 350. Spray a 15 ×10 ×1 inch jelly roll pan with bakers spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with bakers sprau.
- Have egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks in another bowl. Have them at room temperature.
- Whisk in a bowl, flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with buttermilk until light in color and increased in volume, beat in 1 cup of the sugar and the Vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture, making sure it's well blended but don't overmix.
- With clean and dry beaters beat egg whites and cram of tarter until soft peaks form, add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until glossy peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into yolk/flour mixture then fold in remaing in 3 more additions.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 16 to 18 minutes until golden and it springs bake when touched and not sticky to the touch.
- Cool the cake 5 minutes then Invert onto confectioner's sugar dusted kitchen towel. Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel into a roll and cool on rack.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Unroll cake and spread with the Cranberry Mpousse, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/362340-cranberry-mousse.
- Roll cake up enclosing filling using towel as a guide. Keep the roll snug. Place bottom side down om serving platter..
- Frost cake roll with white Ganache Frosting, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359637-white-chocolate-ganache-whipped-frosting-filling.
- Garnish with Candied cranberrys, recipe attached below and holiday sprinkles. Chill cake at least 4 hours to set before slicing and serving https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356570-candied-fresh-cranberries.
A great cake roll starts with, of course, a great cake roll recipe. We absolutely love this walnut pumpkin cake roll. It's a great holiday treat with all those warming spices and rich cream cheese frosting. To make the foundation of this dessert—the cake—start by beating your eggs on high for about five minutes, until frothy. Re-roll cakes, using towels as guide.