Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Chocolate mousse
You can have Chocolate mousse using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse
- You need 2 cups of chilled heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened),chopped.
- You need of Garnish: lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- You need as needed of Cake crumbs.
- Prepare 3-4 of Oreo biscuits crushed.
Chocolate mousse instructions
- Heat 3/4 cup cream in a heavy saucepan until hot..
- Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream in a slow stream, whisking until combined..
- Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly..
- Pour custard through a fine-mash sieve into a bowl and stir in vanilla..
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Whisk custard into chocolate until smooth, then cool..
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Whisk one fourth of cream into chocolate custard to lighten, then fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly..
- Take a glass.Put a layer of Oreo biscuits and then cake crumbs.Pour 2 spoon of mousse and repeat it and chill,covered, at least 6 hours..
- Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving..