Recipe: Tasty Southern sweet potato pie
Southern sweet potato pie. Soulful Sweet Potato Pie recipe with a flaky crust just like grandma use to make! This recipe will show you how to make a homemade sweet potato pie from. Sweet potatoes are whipped until light and fluffy in this sweet treat.
It's quite sweet, with a lighter texture than your typical sweet potato pie. This is a video about how to make Southern Sweet Potato Pie (Brown Butter). Southern Sweet Potato Pie is a southern tradition for fall and Thanksgiving. You can have Southern sweet potato pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern sweet potato pie
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of sweet potato.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/3 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of frozen deep dish pie crust.
- It's 2/3 cup of evaporated milk.
It's a simple pie made from fresh sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, flour In a buttery pie crust with a dollop of whipped cream, this southern dessert is a memorable one. Sweet potato pies have a very similar taste and texture to. A proper southern sweet potato pie relies on strong natural sweet potato taste, the right amount of sweetness, a smooth and fluffy texture, and depth of flavor overall. To Boil or To Bake the sweet potatoes.
Southern sweet potato pie step by step
- Boil sweet potato until fork goes through the center cool and peel.
- Mash sweet potato using mixer and add all ingredients except eggs and flour.
- Taste to see if it's sweet enough then add your flour and eggs blend on high for two minutes.
- Pour in to pie crust just below the rim.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes until fork comes out ALMOST clean.
- Let it cool off then enjoy.
Many recipes out there call for boiling the sweet potatoes, but not this one! Originally from South Carolina, Mable is known for her Southern-style pies, which she bakes by the dozen to give away over the holidays. Southern Sweet Potato Pie, Soul Food Style made completely from scratch! For my sweet potatoes, I use yams, which in the USA, are still sweet potatoes, but they have orange flesh. I think using yams makes a prettier sweet potato pie, because of the color.