Recipe: Tasty Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury
Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury.
You can cook Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury
- It's 1 of Sugar Pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Ground Cloves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Ground Allspice.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- It's 3 cup of Pumpkin Glop.
- It's 1.5 cans (12 oz) of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice.
Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury instructions
- Yield: One 9-inch deep dish pie or two 8-inch shallow pies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Wash the exterior of the pumpkin in cool or warm water, no soap..
- Cut the pumpkin in half. A serrated knife and a sawing motion works best - a smooth knife is more likely to slip..
- Scrape the insides. You want to get out that stringy, dangly stuff that coats the inside surface. Note: can save seeds to cook separately..
- Place it cut side down into a covered oven container. Fill container with 3/4" water. Cover the ovenproof container (with a lid), and pop it in a 350 F (165 C) oven. It normally takes about 45 minutes to 90 minutes (it can vary a lot!); just test it periodically by sticking it with a fork to see if it is soft!.
- Scoop out the cooked pumpkin..
- Puree the pumpkin. To get a nice, smooth consistency, I use a Pillsbury hand blender. By blending it, you give the pie a smooth, satiny texture; rather than the rough graininess that is typical of cooked squashes. Note: You may freeze the puree or pie filling to use it later! Just use a freezer bag or other container to exclude as much air as possible. It should last a year or more in a deep freezer..
- Mix in all ingredients. Make the pie crust (I use Pillsbury) It is also time to start preheating the oven. Turn it on and set it to 425 F..
- Bake at 425 F for the first 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 F and bake another 45 to 60 minutes, until a clean knife inserted into the center comes out clean..