Recipe: Tasty Orange cake with chocolate mousse
Orange cake with chocolate mousse. Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. This chocolate orange version is the perfect cake for those times when you want something a little different to your average Victoria Sponge. Made from a simple chocolate orange mousse (Jaffa cake fans take note!) it requires no baking at all.
The combination of chocolate cake, rich mousse and orange make this an impressive holiday dessert. This chocolate mousse cake with honeyed oranges is a stunner. There are two layers to this cake-a sunken mocha meringue cake topped with chocolate mousse and then on top are orange slices steeped in honey! You can have Orange cake with chocolate mousse using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange cake with chocolate mousse
- It's of Ingredients for chocolate mousse.
- You need 1/2 of + 1/2 +1/4 cup heavy cream.
- It's 100 grams of dark chocolate.
- You need 1 tsp of veg gelatin.
- It's of Ingredients for eggless orange cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of maida.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- It's 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of orange essence.
With the mixer going, add the egg yolks, one by one, then gently fold in the flour until you have a smooth, mousse-like mixture. Turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack. Stir in orange liqueur and orange peel. Beat whipping cream in chilled large bowl on high speed until stiff.
Orange cake with chocolate mousse step by step
- Dark Chocolate Mousse: In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of cream and veg gelatin and set aside for 5 minutes..
- In another bowl mix together chopped dark chocolate and 1/2 cup of cream..
- Heat it on a double boiler or in MW for 1 or two minutes..
- Mix well until the chocolate is completely dissolved..
- Add the bloomed veg gelatin to the chocolate and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool..
- Beat the remaining 1/2 cup of cream until stiff peaks form..
- Add it in two batches and mix well to combine..
- Eggless orange cake Whip butter and sugar till light and fluffy Sieve maida baking powder 3 times.
- Mix butter milk and soda and keep it for 5 minutes or till bubbles come up.
- Mix butter and butter milk and add essence to it now add maida in two batch.
- Mix it with light hands with cut and fold method Preheat the oven on 180 degree for 10 minutes Grease the cake mould and pour the batter in Bake the cake on 180 degree for 35-40 minutes Please give a toothpick test after 35 minutes Take it out and let it cool down.
- How to assemble Put the prepared cake in freezer for 2-3 hours Take it out and pour the prepared mousse on it and freeze it again for 5-6 hours Take it out and cover it with white or dark chocolate shaving Serve it chill.
Add gelatin mixture to whipped cream; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted. These chocolate mousse domes with orange insert entremet dessert do not only look fancy and pretty, but it also tastes very delicious and luxurious. The combination of orange and dark chocolate is classic. You can as well make this dessert in different shapes and as a cake or in glasses as parfait dessert.