Recipe: Tasty Fresh pumpkin pie
Fresh pumpkin pie.
You can cook Fresh pumpkin pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh pumpkin pie
- Prepare 2 each of Small Pumpkin.
- It's 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of pumpkin spice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cloves.
- It's 1 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 of pie crust.
Fresh pumpkin pie step by step
- Remove the stalk by banging it on the edge of your counter. Slice your pumpkins in half. Refer to picture for size of pumpkins. Large pumpkins do not make tasty pies..
- Next, go ahead and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Clean the pumpkin well but dont remove the flesh..
- Ok now that we have our pumpkins split lets start seasoning them. I like to spead a little warm butter (about a tablespoon) on the insides along with a dash of each = pumpkin spice, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, clove and allspice. Just a dash of each is all you need! Go easy on the clove! ;).
- Now wrap those puppies up in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan..
- Bake the halved pumpkins for about an hour and a half at 350. Cooking time will vary depending on pumpkin thickness. If you arent sure just pull them at 1 hour and check one to make sure its not over cooking or burning. Rotate your pan at 1 hour..
- Remove the pumpkins from the oven and let them cool for about 15-30 minutes. You will want to scoop out the pumpkin flesh while it is still warm. You can toss out the juice and butter that remains before scooping..
- Mash the pumpkin and then add all the remaining ingredients. I use a robo coupe to lightly pulse down the texture a bit. Your mix should look like pancake batter. If your mash is too watery add more flour if too thick add more cream..
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 1 and a half hours at 325. I like to dash on a little extra spice on top before i bake it. Maybe just stick a few cloves in it..
- Remove the pies and allow at least half an hour to cool before slicing. Check doneness with a toothpick. Check center of the pie, it should come out 80% clean.Top with cool whip. Enjoy guys!.