Recipe: Perfect Homemade pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin!
Homemade pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin!. Roast the pumpkin in a shallow pan until it's tender when you poke it with a fork. Roasting caramelizes the pumpkin meat and preserves nutrients that could be removed by boiling. "I now know what part of the pumpkin to use and how to prepare it to make a homemade pumpkin pie. Chunks of pumpkin are boiled on the stove and then mashed with evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and spices to create the filling for a shortening based crust I was happy to find a recipe for cooking fresh pumpkin other than baking.
We're gonna roast our own pumpkin, make our own sweetened condensed milk, and end with one of the most flavorful pumpkin pies you've ever had. A little effort goes a long way here. Pumpkin pie is ready when it's still slightly jiggly in the center—just like cheesecake. You can have Homemade pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin! using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin!
- It's 15 oz of fresh pumpkin.
- It's 14 oz of condensed milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 tbsp of pumpkin spice.
- Prepare 1 of unbaked pie crust.
You should cool it the same way you would a classic cheesecake, in a turned off oven with the door propped open for an hour. This helps prevent the pie from cracking. But if that does happen, don't worry. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs, cream, sugar, and spices.
Homemade pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin! instructions
- Cut up pumpkin into cubes (boils faster).
- Boil the pumpkin until soft enough to break apart.
- Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, and pumpkin spice. I used a blender it was easy and faster that way. Blend until it is completely blended. Its should look light brownish.
- After its all blended together add 2 eggs lightly beaten..
- Pour into unbaked pie crust (I made my own crust with krusteaz pie crust).
- Bake for 15 mins at 450degrees then turn down to 350 and bake an additional 40-60 mins..
- When done it might seem a bit too soft but after sitting out to cool it will firm up. Then cut up and enjoy!.
With pumpkin pie, though, we love how the crust becomes moistened a little from the filling. The base of the crust browns, but where the filling and crust meet, it's soft and. I'm so excited to share an updated version of my roasted pumpkin puree recipe! I've even added a video Peel the skin away from the pumpkin flesh and discard the skin. Chop the pumpkin flesh into large chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor.