Recipe: Delicious White/Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake
White/Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake. Step by step: White & Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy. Description:Three layers of raspberry soaked chocolate sponge cake between layers of milk and white chocolate mousses, finished with a bittersweet chocolate ganache on top.
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake, is a moist Chocolate Cake topped with a white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse. The perfect Special Occasion or Just Because Cake. It was my daughter's birthday a couple of weeks ago and to celebrate she chose a Skor No Bake Cheesecake with a Caramel drizzle. You can have White/Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White/Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 150 g of soft margarine.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 250 ml of pack Instant White Chocolate Mousse.
- You need 250 ml of pack Instant Dark Chocolate Mousse.
- It's of Cocoa powder for dusting.
This super moist dark chocolate mousse cake combines unsweetened natural cocoa powder and dark cocoa powder for an extra rich flavor. Fill the cake with a simplified chocolate mousse and cover the whole dessert with semi-sweet chocolate ganache. If needed, you can prepare the ganache and mousse ahead of time. The bottom is a delicious, rich chocolate cake that creates a solid base.
White/Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake instructions
- In two separate bowls, mix the two mousse according to the direction of the package. For the sponge, see my recipe for the Victoria Sponge. Then after cooling off the sponge, cut it across into 3 sections..
- Assemble the ingredients as follows: sponge, white chocolate mousse, sponge, dark chocolate mousse, sponge and finish off with white chocolate mousse. Sprinkle top with cocoa powder to decorate..
On top of that, you'll find a creamy chocolate mousse brimming with chewy brownie pieces for a little more dimension. Following that is another creamy mousse layer, however, this one is a white chocolate and vanilla mousse to compliment the dark chocolates beneath it. This triple layer cake is the trifecta of chocolate deliciousness. The bottom layer is a flourless chocolate cake… the middle layer is a light dark chocolate mousse… and the top layer is an even lighter white chocolate mousse. The combination of the three is rich, intensely flavorful and silky smooth.