Recipe: Delicious Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling
Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling.
You can have Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling
- It's 4 of Rolled pie crusts (Pillsbury).
- Prepare 16 oz of Cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia).
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 Cup Sugar.
- Prepare 5 large of eggs.
- You need 3 tsp of Vanilla But and Nut Extract (McCormick).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 cup of Light Corn Syrup (Karo).
Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll two of the pie crusts together and press into large pie dish. Krimp edges and remove excess. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust to prevent air pockets. Repeat this step with a second pie dish. (Recipe makes two pies).
- In large bowl combine one of the 8 oz packages of cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour mixture into pie crust and use a spatula to distribute evenly. Repeat this step with the second pie crust..
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the chopped pecans on top of each pie (Use a total of 4 cups chopped pecans). Make sure to leave about 1/8th of an inch for the glaze..
- In a separate bowl, stir to combine 1 cup corn syrup, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. (Don't use an electric mixer or it will add air to the glaze and make it foamy). This glaze will be divided and used for both of the pies. You might not use all of the glaze and be sure not to add too much or it will make the pie runny..
- Use a spoon to slowly drizzle the glaze over the pie until you have an even coat of about 1/8th an inch thick. If you add it too fast you will displace the pecan. Repeat this step for the second pie..
- Bake both pies on the center rack for about 50 - 55 minutes. The crust usually cracks slightly and you want a nice golden brown color. Let cool for about an hour. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled..