Recipe: Delicious Double Chocolate Mousse Cake
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake. Cool cake completely, in pan, on wire rack. When cake is cool, run a sharp knife around the side of the pan, and remove the side of the pan. Double Chocolate Mousse Cake Your search for a holiday showstopper ends with this Double Chocolate Mousse Cake!
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake, is a moist Chocolate Cake topped with a white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse. The perfect Special Occasion or Just Because Cake. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. You can cook Double Chocolate Mousse Cake using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Prepare 1 of Cocoa Sponge Cake.
- Prepare 1 of White Chocolate Mousse.
- It's of Chocolate Mousse:.
- Prepare 100 grams of Sweet Chocolate.
- Prepare 1 of Egg white.
- You need 30 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 130 grams of Heavy cream.
- You need 2 tsp of Rum.
- It's 70 grams of Milk.
- You need 3 grams of Gelatin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Leave to cool until thick enough to spread. Remove mousse cake from tin and spread glaze over the top. When the craving strikes, this double chocolate mousse cake never disappoints.
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake instructions
- I referred toto make the cocoa sponge cake, which is just a basic tiramisu sponge. Cut the edges to fit the cake mold..
- I referred toto make the white chocolate mousse. Pour the mousse on top of Step 1 and chill in the refrigerator. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/169239-white-chocolate-mousse.
- Make the chocolate mousse...Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt it on a double broiler. Leave it as is on the double broiler to keep warm..
- Put the egg whites in a separate bowl. While adding the 15 g of sugar a little bit at a time, whip until soft peaks form. (Leave on standby in the refrigerator.).
- In a separate bowl, add the heavy cream, rum, and 10 g of sugar. Whip until thickened. (Leave on standby in the refrigerator).
- Heat the milk in a pot. When the edges begin to bubble, remove from heat and add the dissolved gelatin..
- Slowly add the mixture from Step 6 into the chocolate from Step 3. Mix really well..
- Here you strain Step 7, but if you mix it thoroughly and evenly enough, you don't need to..
- Chill the bottom of the Step 8 bowl with cold water and when it thickens, Mix in the meringue from Step 4 and the heavy cream from Step 5 alternating between the two..
- Pour Step 9 on top of the chilled Step 2 and chill in the refrigerator until it hardens. (I left it to harden in the refrigerator for one day).
- Once it hardens, remove from the mold, dust with cocoa powder, and it's finished....
With its double layers of indulgent flavor and texture, it's the perfect dessert for Valentine's Day or any special occasion. Good quality chocolate makes all the difference when it comes to baking. Combine the chocolate and butter in a saucepan or in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt butter and chocolate in heavy large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and melted. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs and ground nuts.