Recipe: Delicious CC'S SWEET POTATO PIE
CC'S SWEET POTATO PIE.
You can cook CC'S SWEET POTATO PIE using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of CC'S SWEET POTATO PIE
- You need of main.
- Prepare 3 large of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- It's 2 of frozen pie shells (i used pet ritz).
- You need 5 medium of sheets of aluminum foil.
CC'S SWEET POTATO PIE step by step
- Wrap sweet potatoes good in foil bake in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until well done should feel soft when squeezed..
- Let potatoes cool , cut them in half take off skin and put in a large bowl mash and set aside.
- Put lemon juice in milk and set aside for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs slightly beaten to sweet potatoes.
- Add melted butter, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar to sweet potatoes mix well.
- With a hand mixer, mix until well blended and smooth no lumps..
- ATTENTION: before you pour into pie shells now would be the time to taste your sweet potatoe mix adjust spices and sugar if necessary..
- After tasting pour mix into pie shells evenly distribute.
- To prevent your outer shell from burning use foil to cover just the outer crust (not whole pie).
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour pie will slightly rise and not jiggle..
- Let pie cool.... eat warm or cold..enjoy.
- Happy Holidays😊.