Recipe: Delicious The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping
The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping. Caramel Pecan Topping Makes It Special. A sweet potato pie is fantastic adorned with nothing but a dollop of whipped cream, of course. This is my first time ever making a sweet potato pie with Pecans and much to my surprise I believe this is the best tasting pie I ever ate to the following.
Sweet potatoes are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and enriched with cream, brown sugar, and maple syrup for the flavorful filling of this pie. The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year. Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas. You can cook The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping
- You need 4 of med to large sweet potatoes cleaned.
- You need of Coconut oil to rub on potatos.
- It's 2 (9 inch) of organic frozen pie shells such as wholly wholesome.
- Prepare of Extra Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling in crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sugar no substitutes.
- Prepare 1 stick of good quality softened butter not margarine.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of A.P. flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ginger, allspice,cloves and salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk or half and half.
- You need of Pecan topping**.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Alagar syrup or dark corn syrup.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of good quality butter melted not margarine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of coarsely chopped pecans.
This scrumptious sweet potato pecan pie is the perfect holiday dessert, layering a sweet potato filling with a pecan pie topping. It will stay fresh up to four days. Is Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Good for You? Although you are getting all of the health benefits of sweet potatoes and pecans (such as fiber.
The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping step by step
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees and coat sweet potatoes with a little coconut oil and pierce each potato a couple of times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet..
- Bake for about 1 hour or till you can easily pierce with a fork. Then let cool and remove skin.
- Mash and Whip sweet potatoes and and rinse beaters a couple of times in between beating and then continue to beat all remaining filling ingredients in except for the pecan topping and mix well..
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar in bottoms of each pie shell and fill with sweet potato mix..
- While pies are baking mix up topping and set aside.
- Place pies on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn down temp to 325 degrees and bake for 50 minutes then drop a border of peacan mixture around pies and finish baking for about 20 to 25 minutes till their are done.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate till ready to serve and top with whipped cream and enjoy!.
- This is everything I use 😉.
- And this is the whipped topping I use.
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie, Nothing reminds me of my mama like her Sweet potato souffle. Boy could my mama cook, so I decided to put her recipe in a pie crust! This rich and creamy sweet potato pie with pecan topping is a combination of two pies that pretty much rules the dessert scene during fall. To make the sweet potato puree, cover sweet potatoes with water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring.