Recipe: Appetizing Pumpkin Pie
You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- It's 1 of pie crust (store bought or homemade).
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of pumpkin puree.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 3 of large eggs.
- It's 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk (any kind).
Pumpkin Pie instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar and eggs until combined. Then whisk in the cornstarch, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper. Lastly, whisk in the cream and milk until it is all smooth and combined..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lay out your pie crust over a 9" pie dish. Tuck it into the bottom gently, then use a sharp knife to trim off any overhang if necessary. Crimp the sides and use a fork to poke a few holes into the bottom of the crust. Brush the edges lightly with a beaten egg. Then you'll want to pre-bake the crust. Grab a square of parchment paper, place it into the pie crust and either pour in pie weights or dried beans and bake for 10 minutes..
- Remove the crust and take out the pie weights/beans. Pour the pumpkin pie mixture into the warm crust and bake for 50-60 minutes. After about 25 minutes, layer foil around the edges or use a pie shield to keep the crust from browning too much. When the pie is done, it will still have a slight wobbly spot in the center..
- Remove the pie from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let it cool for 3 or so hours. Then serve or chill it to serve at a later time..