Recipe: Appetizing East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie
East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie.
You can cook East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie
- Prepare 1 of preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 1 of frozen 9" deep dish prepared pie shell.
- Prepare 2 cup of mashed sweet potato @ room temperature (about 2-3 medium size).
- You need 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of roughly chopped toasted pecan pieces.
- It's 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of half n half cream.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of table salt.
East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie step by step
- Toast pecan pieces in a pan over medium heat, until you can smell them. Roughly 3-5 minutes. Set aside..
- Cream mashed sweet potato, melted butter and eggs together until very smooth. I use a stand mixer..
- Add all remaining ingredients including toasted chopped pecans and blend together until mixture is very smooth..
- Pour into frozen pie shell and bake at 350" for approximately 50-60 minutes until pie custard is set. Pie will be done when a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted..
- You can boil your sweet potatoes or even use canned. I prefer fresh baked sweet potatoes. I like to serve this pie well chilled and keep it stored in the refrigerator. Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pecan pieces. Enjoy!!.