Recipe: Appetizing Chocolate Mousse and Jello Cake
Chocolate Mousse and Jello Cake. Slowly stir the jello mixture while cooling, and when it starts to thicken, pour it over the cake. Wipe the side of the cake pan with a damp cloth or tissue before pouring the jello. Once the jelly has set, make cuts into the jello marking each serving.
Let cool on a wire rack. In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water or in the microwave oven, melt the chocolate. Chef Dominique Ansel's chocolate mousse recipe omits the eggs, sugar, and vanilla, doubling down on dairy with cream and milk. You can have Chocolate Mousse and Jello Cake using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse and Jello Cake
- It's 1 of Plain spongecake.
- It's of <Syrup>.
- You need 30 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 30 ml of Water.
- It's 1 of Kahlua.
- Prepare of <Ganache>.
- You need 400 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 70 grams of White sugar.
- You need 90 grams of Chocolate (bittersweet).
- Prepare 50 grams of Chocolate (sweet).
- It's 8 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- You need 30 ml of Water.
- It's of <Coffee Jello>.
- You need 120 ml of Strong coffee.
- It's 5 grams of Gelatin powder.
- Prepare 30 grams of White sugar.
- It's 20 ml of Water.
- You need of <For decoration>.
- Prepare 1 of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of Chocolate or chocolate chips.
Chef Dominique incorporates gelatin into the mousse for his chocolate cake to stabilize it and give it a pleasing texture, even when chilled. Gelatin comes in two forms: sheets and powdered. If you feel your baking skills are lacking, here is an easy, decadent chocolate mousse cake recipe that requires absolutely no baking! Made with ladyfingers, homemade chocolate mousse and a whipped cream frosting, all you need is a mixer and rubber spatula and a little patience as it chills.
Chocolate Mousse and Jello Cake step by step
- Usingor the equivalent, bake a spongecake. Slice the cake into three layers and use one layer for this recipe..
- Place the spongecake in an unlined cake pan. Make the syrup and when the cake has cooled, brush liberally on it. Put the gelatin for making ganache in a heatproof dish and dissolve in water..
- Add the heavy cream and white sugar to a small pan, and heat while being careful not to let it come to a boil. When it starts to simmer around the edges, add the chocolate and wait for it to start melting. When it does, mix slowly with a spatula..
- Little by little, add the microwaved gelatin and dissolve. Then place the pan in ice water and slowly stir while cooling. Wipe the side of the cake pan with a damp cloth or tissue paper and pour over the Step 2 spongecake..
- Refrigerate as is and while waiting for it to set, make the coffee jello..
- Brew a cup of strong coffee and add the specified amount of water in a small pot. Add the white sugar, and dissolve by heating. Prepare the gelatin reserved for the jello by adding it to water and dissolving it in the microwave. Once done, add to the small pot..
- Slowly stir the jello mixture while cooling, and when it starts to thicken, pour it over the cake. Wipe the side of the cake pan with a damp cloth or tissue before pouring the jello..
- Once the jelly has set, make cuts into the jello marking each serving. Decorate your cake. This time, I added a little brandy to the heavy cream and piped out "x" shapes. I set a piece of flaked chocolate in the center to look like a flower..
Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake is rich in chocolate with an amazing combination of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate. It has three smooth and creamy layers. The crust for this triple layer chocolate mousse can be made two ways, with an Oreo crust base or with a chocolate sponge cake. This super moist dark chocolate cake combines unsweetened natural cocoa powder and dark cocoa powder for an extra rich flavor. Fill the cake with a simplified chocolate mousse and cover it with semi-sweet chocolate ganache.