How to Prepare Yummy Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting
Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting.
You can have Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting using 23 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting
- It's of FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee granules.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetented cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 1/2 of teaspooons baking soda.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Prepare of FOR CHERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING AND TOPPING.
- It's 3-8 ounce of packages cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of good quality cherry preserves.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 cups of cold neavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of cherry extract.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need of red, white and heart sprinkles as needed.
- It's of chocolate shavings as needed.
Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting instructions
- Prehest oven to 3050. Spay a 10 inch cake pan with 3 inch sides with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk hot water, coffee granules and cocoa powder until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a third large bowl beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until well combined and pale, add oil and sour cream and stir in then stir in flour mixture, then cocoa mixtire until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out just clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- When cake is completely cool, cut it in half with a large sharp knife to have 2 layers.
- PREPARE CHERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, vanilla and cherry extract , salt and cherry preserves.
- In a seperate cold large bowl beat heavy whipping cream until it holds firm peaks.
- Fold whipped cream and cherry cream cheese mixture until uniform in color.
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate.
- Cover with 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Cover top and sides with temaing cherry cheese cake mixture.
- Garnish with red and white and heart sprinkles and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate at least 6hoursor overnight to firm up cheesecake.