How to Prepare Tasty Sweet potato pie
Sweet potato pie. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the Southern United States. It is often served during the American holiday season, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas in place of pumpkin pie, which is more traditional in other regions of the United States.
Sweet potato pies are savory and sweet, with a creamy, hearty texture to boot. The whole thing is out-of-this-world delicious. Here, we've done most of the hard work for you: culling through the best sweet. You can cook Sweet potato pie using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato pie
- It's 2 of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla flavor.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 of ready to bake pie crust.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
A lightened-up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving. While most dessert pack empty calories, this dessert is made with healthy sweet potatoes, which are high in beta-carotene and. Sweet potatoes are sweeter than pumpkins, and though the pies are usually made in the same way with eggs, cream or evaporated milk, and pie spices, sweet potato pie tends to be lighter, airier, and. Sweet potato pie is a Southern staple, fragrant with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
Sweet potato pie instructions
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes simmer until fork tender..
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients making sure to add the vanilla and nutmeg last..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until center is firm and set..
- Let pie cool for one hour. Slice and serve warm..
- YUMMY !.
Most versions pair roasted sweet potatoes with evaporated milk, but my DIY approach simmers them with whole spices. This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices. It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust. My sweet potato pie recipe is sweet, creamy and perfectly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of cloves. It's in a basic pie crust and uses baked sweet potatoes to keep it extra moist and easy to.