How to Prepare Tasty Kentucky bourbon pecan pie
Kentucky bourbon pecan pie. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet—this will make it easier to move and will catch any spills. Give pecan pie a serious upgrade with our Kentucky Bourbon Pie. Fashioned after George Kern's Derby Pie recipe, the recipe's combination of chocolate, bourbon, and pecans has earned it a spot as one of the South's most beloved desserts.
This pecan pie is overwhelmed by the bourbon and chocolate and has more of a custard consistency. This is a classic and simple recipe given a Southern kick with a little bourbon. The alcohol will evaporate when you bake the pie, and you're left with a richly flavored, gooey dessert, intensely sweet with a baseline of vanilla. You can have Kentucky bourbon pecan pie using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kentucky bourbon pecan pie
- You need 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of dark Karo corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole sweet cream unsalted butter.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It's 1/4 cup of Kentucky bourbon.
- It's 1 tsp of real vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of real almond extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1 cup of pecans (mix of halves and pieces is good).
BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE, also known as a DERBY PIE. This popular pie was created at The Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky as a. This classic pecan pie recipe gets a boozy boost thanks to a splash of Kentucky bourbon. Make it to impress friends and family with a truly adult dessert.
Kentucky bourbon pecan pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a 9 inch pie plate press out your pie dough and flute the edges (crimp).
- Place brown surger and corn syrup in a medium size bowl. Melt butter in a microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds on high and then add it to the brown sugar and corn syrup while still hot. Mix very well (it will take a minute or two of mixing)..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, bourbon, vanilla, almond and salt. Whisk until the eggs are beaten well and everything is mixed well..
- Whisking continuously, mix the sugar mix into the egg mix..
- Gently fold in the pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 1 hour (depending on your oven it might longer or less - start checking 55 minutes and then bake until pie is jiggly in the center).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack or folded towel until completely cooled and gelled. Place in refrigerator until time to eat.
Your family and friends will love the sweet and nutty flavors of this Classic Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe. The recipe gets a boozy boost. Filled with crunchy pecans, bittersweet chocolate, and sweet Kentucky bourbon, this pie makes for the perfect weekend treat. Tuck edges under, and crimp as desired. Top with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of.