How to Make Perfect Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake. What you'll get is this rich, smooth and decadent cake that has the perfect balance of sweetness. This healthy vegan chocolate mousse cake comes with an easy homemade cookie crust and uses only whole food ingredients! Easily customizable to serve it year-round, this cake recipe is low in sugar, protein-packed and oh-so-chocolatey.
Press into the base of the cake tin and place in the fridge to set. This Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake starts with a deep, dark, moist chocolate cake base with a silky chocolate mousse topping. It's incredibly difficult to believe this decadent chocolate treat with vegan and nut-free! You can cook Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Prepare 2 of packs - 24 3/5 oz Extra firm tofu.
- Prepare 1 bag of - 11 1/2 oz Bittersweet chocolate chips (or carob chips).
- You need 80 ml of Unsweetened cocoa.
- It's 1/3 bag of - 3 oz Chocolate wafer cookies (or any other cookies of your choice).
- You need 60 ml of Maple syrup or organic sugar.
- You need 60 ml of Liquor of your choice.
- It's 1 dash of Vanilla essence.
Make sure to look out for a refined sugar free chocolate if necessary. For more chocolate cakes, check out my: Vegan Passionfruit Chocolate Cake. Rich chocolate cake with layers of tangy passionfruit mousse and velvety chocolate ganache, topped with a passionfruit glaze. The very best vegan triple chocolate mousse cake.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake instructions
- Put tofu in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds at 600 W. Take it out and drain in a strainer..
- While the tofu is being microwaved, put the cookies in a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin to make cookie crumbs. When they're finely crushed, spread them out on a pie dish..
- Now put the chocolate chips in a heat-proof dish and microwave to melt thoroughly..
- Combine the drained tofu, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, the sugar of your choice, liquor, and vanilla essence in a food processor. Pulse until smooth..
- Pour the chocolate cream mixture into the prepared pie dish. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge. Chill overnight to serve the next day for an even more enriched flavor..
And did I mention no-bake, super easy, vegan, healthy…ish, and so delicious. This insanely decadent Chocolate Mousse Cake may taste like a rich dessert indulgence but it's made from just a few healthy whole-food ingredients right in the blender! You are going to think I am exaggerating when I say this, but this cake tastes like chocolate frosting. The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Vegan Mousse Cake! I know at first glance this may seem like a daunting project.