How to Make Perfect Chocolate peanut butter cup overload cake
Chocolate peanut butter cup overload cake.
You can cook Chocolate peanut butter cup overload cake using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate peanut butter cup overload cake
- You need 1 of for cake batter.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of Plus 1 TBS all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Plus 1 TBS Dutch processed cocoa powder (I couldn't find any so I used regular cocoa powder).
- Prepare 3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- It's 3 each of eggs.
- Prepare 4 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of strong hot black coffee.
- It's 30 piece of mini peanut butter cups.
- You need 1 of for peanut butter icing.
- Prepare 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 10 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of for chocolate ganache.
- It's 8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
Chocolate peanut butter cup overload cake instructions
- For cakes- Heat oven to 350˚. Line the bottom of 3 8" cake pans with parchment paper, while greasing and flooring the sides..
- In a large bowl, sift together ALL the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, coffee, oil, and vanilla. Add wet to dry and mix for 2 minutes and 20 seconds on medium speed (will be thin)..
- Divide into the 3 prepared cake pans. Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate each cake pan and bake 12 more minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cakes in the pan on wire rack for 20 minutes, remove from pans, and cool rest of the way..
- After cakes are completely cooled, begin making peanut butter icing. Peanut butter icing- Beat powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt on low speed until creamy. Beat in heavy cream, on high, until light and smooth..
- To layer cakes to make a whole, do 1 cake, 1 cup peanut butter icing, 10 chopped mini peanut butter cups, 1 cake, 1 cup peanut butter icing, 10 more chopped peanut butter cups, last cake, last of peanut butter icing, ganache, and last 10 chopped peanut butter cups..
- Chocolate ganache- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, warm heavy cream just until at a boil. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth, and let sit until thickened some, and then pour over cake. Finally top with last 10 chopped mini peanut butter cups. ENJOY!.