Easiest Way to Make Tasty Cranberry Mousse Dome
Cranberry Mousse Dome.
You can cook Cranberry Mousse Dome using 17 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Mousse Dome
- Prepare of For Cranberry Mousse.
- Prepare 2 (3 ounce) of boxes of cranberry jello.
- You need 2 cups of boiling water.
- It's 2 cups of cold unsweetened cranberry juice, homemade or store.
- Prepare of bought. I used homemade found in my profile.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It's 1/4 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's of For Bottom (crust).
- You need of about 4 of my flourless chocolate wafer cookies, located in my.
- It's of profile or an alternative could be thin cake slices or soft.
- Prepare of baked chocolate cookies.
- You need of For Garnish.
- You need as needed of silver, green and red colored sugar.
- Prepare of molded caramel tree, see end of recipe for instrutions.
- Prepare of white chocolate colored transfer sheet, instructions in my.
- It's of Holiday White Chocolate Brownie recipe.
Cranberry Mousse Dome step by step
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerat it while preparing mousse.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water in a bowl.
- Mix in cold cranberry juice. Refrigerate until cold but NOT starting to set.
- Whip cream to soft peaks, add vanilla and sugar and whip until just almost holding its shape.
- Beat in cold cranberry mixture.
- Pour into plastic lined bowl.
- Gently press chocolate flourless wafer cookies to cover bottom cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or best overnight..
- Invert on to serving plate and remove plastic wrap.
- Make Whipped Cream Layer.
- Beat cream until it holds soft peaks.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat until it holds its shape well.
- Spread whipped cream over cranberry mousse.
- Garnish with silver, green and red colored sugar and caramel tree and a piece of white chocolate colored transfer.
- To make caramel decorations.
- Add granulated sugar to a pan, the amount will depend on how many things you want to make. I used 2 cups here to make 6 molds and shards for various desserts.
- Heat sugar over medium high heat. When sugar begins to melt around edges swirl oan and use a wooden spoon to evenly melt sugar until golden, caramel is very hot so be careful not to get it on you.
- Pour into mold or metal cookie cutters for shapes. Or drizzle on parchment paper free form. Allow to cool then pop out of molds and peel free form pieces off parchment.