Easiest Way to Make Perfect Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chocolate Mousse Cake. Pour the boiling cream over the. Even though most chocolate mousse cakes are usually made of one thick layer of mousse with a very thin layer of crust, we're firm believers that a rich mousse is best balanced with something more substantial than a negligible amount of crust. Place one layer of cake onto a serving plate.
Do not boil at any time. Add melted chocolate and whisk consistently. This super moist dark chocolate mousse cake combines unsweetened natural cocoa powder and dark cocoa powder for an extra rich flavor. You can cook Chocolate Mousse Cake using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Prepare of Chocolate Cake :.
- You need 2 cups of sifted plain flour.
- It's 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarb.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- It's 180 ml of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of hot water mixed with 3 tsp coffee.
- It's 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of springform pans.
- It's of Baking paper.
- Prepare of Mousse:.
- Prepare 500 ml of fresh cream(whipping).
- It's 125 ml of hot water.
- It's 4 Tbs of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 Tbs of sugar.
- You need 200 g of baking chocolate.
- Prepare of Ganache:.
- You need 1 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 150 g of baking chocolate pieces.
Fill the cake with a simplified chocolate mousse and cover the whole dessert with semi-sweet chocolate ganache. If needed, you can prepare the ganache and mousse ahead of time. The ingredients you will need to make chocolate mousse for a cake filling include: hot water, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar. Making the mousse is simple - all you'll need to do is whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water.
Chocolate Mousse Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180 °c. Sift the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt, cocoa powder - together. Beat the eggs with vanilla, add oil, milk and add to the dry ingredients. Pour the hot coffee next and mix till smooth..
- Pour into 2 round springform greased or lined pans and bake for 20/25 mins. Lightly press down the top of the 1 cake layer to flatten and even it out. Let the cakes cool. * use both layers to make a double-layered mousse cake or decorate the other layer as desired. In this recipe, I used 1 layer..
- Add the cream and sugar in a mixer for the mousse.Whip together till it forms stiff peaks.In a separate bowl mix the cocoa with hot water.Melt the chocolate in the microwave and add it to the cocoa mixture and mix till smooth.Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture till combined..
- Take 1 cake layer out of the tin. Spread half of the mousse at the bottom of the springform pan. Add the cake layer, spread the rest of the mousse on top and even it out. Cover the pan with cling wrap and freeze overnight or for 2hrs..
- Prepare the ganache. Melt the butter, add the milk and chocolate. Stir till choc melts and leave to cool and thicken slightly..
- Pour the cooled chocolate ganache over the mousse and let it set in the fridge. Loosen the tin on the sides of the cake tin and place the cake on a flat tray. Decorate as desired *Alternatively loosen the cake tin, pour the ganache over to allow dripping and let it set in the fridge. Serve chilled.
The chocolate mousse filling adds a cool creamy texture that compliments the dense chocolate cake layer. It's smooth, velvety, and extraordinarily decadent. This cake has loads of chocolate from top to bottom. The cool, rich texture makes it great for any special occasion or holiday. Chocolate Mousse Cake with Raspberries This intensely moist and fudgy cake is filled with chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, then iced with rich chocolate frosting.