Easiest Way to Cook Tasty 14 Layer Chocolate Cake
14 Layer Chocolate Cake.
You can cook 14 Layer Chocolate Cake using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 14 Layer Chocolate Cake
- You need 1 cup of shortening.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of plain flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of sweet milk aka whole milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla flavoring.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter flavoring.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- It's 1 can of evaporated milk.
14 Layer Chocolate Cake step by step
- Sift flour and baking powder...set aside..
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy..
- Add 1 egg at a time, beat well..
- Add flour mixture alternate with milk. Beat until well blended..
- Stir in vanilla and butter flavoring..
- You may use any 9 inch pan..
- Use shortening to grease pans and sprinkle with flour. I use Baker's Joy..
- Be sure to wash pans after each layers to prevent a build up in pans..
- Spread 1/2 cup of batter in pans and bake at 375 preheated oven until lightly brown..
- You can put layers on wire rack or clean towels until cool. I just start building my cake as I get them out..
- FROSTING l do my frosting first so it can cool down..
- Melt butter in a 4 quart sausepan..
- Mix cocoa and sugar and evaporated milk..
- Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and cook 2 mins. STIRRING CONSTANTLY while cooking. Remove from heat and cool. It will be thin. Spread generously between layers on top and sides of cake..