Recipe: Tasty Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling
Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling.
You can cook Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling using 24 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling
- You need of FOR CAKE.
- It's 3 cup of cake flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk, I used whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of MINI semi sweet chocolate chips the larger chips will sink in the pan.
- You need of CHERRY CURD FILLING.
- It's 1 of recipe Cherry Curd, recipe attached in step #7.
- It's of CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, cold.
- It's 1/2 cup of cherry curd, reserved from above recipe, chilled.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure cherry extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of drops of red food color.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare of fresh bing cherries.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark chocolate shavings.
- It's 2 tbsp of red sprinkles.
Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 - 8 inch baking pans with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until creamy about 2 minutes Add flour and milk and stir just until moist then add eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined, add mini chips and fold in.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 15 to 23 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Cool on racks 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely.
- MAKE CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, beat in cherry curd, recipe attached below, vanilla abd cherry extract and sugar, beat until firm peaks. Add drops of red food color if you want it pinker https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366676-cherry-curd.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Put one layer of cake bottom up on serving plate.
- Cover with a layer of cold cherry curd.
- Place second cake layer, bottom side up.
- Cover with more cherry curd.
- Add third cake layer top side up.
- Frost entire cake with Cherry Whipped Cream.
- Garnish with fresh cherries, chocolate shavings and sprinkles. Chill cake at leat 1 to 2 hours before cutting to allow it to firm up.