Recipe: Tasty Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes
Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes. New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make Smothered Potatoes with shrimp and smoked sausage. While potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Return sausage and shrimp to skillet and toss to combine.
Follow this simple technique for irresistible, golden smashed potatoes. Crispy brown fingerling potatoes are topped with homemade sausage gravy, cheese curds, and pickled peppers to make this deliciously decadent brunch dish. Reviews for: Photos of Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with Sausage Gravy. You can cook Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes
- Prepare 1 pound of fresh shrimp (steamed in old bay at the grocery store).
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper diced.
- It's 1 of small bag of red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of small cans or 1 big can- MILD Rotel tomatoes, with chilies.
- It's 1 pkg of Eckrich Skinless smoked sausage.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 dash of or as needed to taste-seasonings (creole, cajun, old bay, onion powder, red lobster seafood seasoning, parsley, italian,etc).
A potato is a pretty amazing little side dish. There must literally be thousands of ways to serve them from mashed to Cook's Notes: Get creative topping these - sauteed mushrooms or peppers, pan seared andouille sausage, caramelized onion, a dab of chili, broccoli. Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes are straight forward to make - boil, squish, drizzle, bake - but there are two little tips I've discovered along the way: Let the potatoes steam dry a bit after smashing them. Use butter and a touch of oil.
Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes instructions
- Scrub, wash, and clean potatoes, and cut in smaller cubes..
- I boil my potatoes in seasoned water. While they are cooking, cut and dice the veggies, and sausages. I also add some seasonings to the cut up veggies and sausages in a bowl, and toss around to coat in seasonings..
- Boil potatoes until pretty soft(So they can be partly smashed later). Drain..
- Have pan ready,with butter. Saute veggies, remove, saute sausages until brown on each side..
- Add rotel, garlic, let it boil, add shrimp & cooked veggies back in & anymore seasonings. turn down to low simmer until shrimp is heated..
- Remember, i used precooked/steamed in old bay from kroger, so mine only needed to be re-heated from where i had put in fridge earlier that day..
- Add mixture over semi smashed potatoes on plate..
- If u like more firm cooked potatoes, you can do that too. I just like mine softer with a little smash and with some bigger pieces of potatoes too..
- Also, If you like crunchier veggies, or have uncooked shrimp that hasnt been predone, you can just not saute veggies, and add it with the uncooked shrimp into the rotel, and it will cook it all. Plus, the sausages too. Since they dont take long to cook either. It's all in your preference. But i do recommend buying the fresh precooked shrimp in old bay from kroger or grocery market..
Divide the smashed potatoes evenly among four plates, then top each pile of potatoes with the sauteed sausage, peppers, and onions to make little potato volcanoes for everyone. Note: I also usually add minced garlic to my sausage & peppers. Add potatoes and reduce to a rapid simmer. It's also one we pull out for company. We make it pretty much like the recipe says, with variations depending on how much corn and potatoes we have.