Recipe: Tasty Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chocolate Mousse Cake.
You can have Chocolate Mousse Cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Cake
- You need 2 of thin layers of chocolate cake (9").
- Prepare of For the Chocolate Mousse.
- Prepare 3 of ripe avocados without dark spots.
- It's 2 cups of dark chocolate.
- You need 1 cup of no sodium aquafaba.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- It's of For the Chocolate Icing.
- It's 1/2 cup of dark chocolate.
- You need 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
Chocolate Mousse Cake instructions
- I am using bean water as egg replacer in this recipe. I usually cook the chickpeas and save the cooking water. Or drain 1- 2 cans of chickpeas and use that water. Pour the cold aquafaba into a bowl and beat the water into fluffy meringue. (5 minutes) with the cream of tartar. Fold in the coconut sugar by hand 1 tbs at a time with a wide spatula..
- Mash the avocados and melt the chocolate. Let the chocolate cool it down. The hot chocolate will ruin your nice and fluffy meringue. In a separate bowl mix together the avocado melted chocolate and the vanilla..
- Fold the meringue in the avocado-chocolate mixture with a spatula, try not to overmix it..
- Assemble the cake. Put 1 thin pre baked chocolate cake layer in the bottom of a 9" spring form. Pour the whole mousse filling in, top with the second pre baked cake layer. Gently push the cake layer down, to make the filling even..
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together and pour the warm almond milk over it. Stir it and pour it over the top layer. Keep it in the fridge for couple of hours or overnight. Enjoy!!.