Recipe: Perfect CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE. Reviews for: Photos of Chocolate Zucchini Cake III. Super moist and indulgent chocolate zucchini cake is studded with chocolate chips and topped with chocolate fudge frosting. Made with three cups of shredded zucchini (you can't taste it!), this is the.
The zucchini absorbs the cocoa while delivering the full flavor of chocolate, but without the heaviness of some other chocolate cakes. This chocolate zucchine cake is the MOST amazing chocolate cake you could imagine! You would NEVER guess that this insanely moist chocolate cake has. You can have CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of dark baking cocoa.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of reduced fat plain yogurt.
- It's 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of shredded zucchini.
Think zucchini in chocolate cake sounds majorly weird?! And if you try this recipe for Chocolate and Zucchini Cake, let me know what you think! Chocolate zucchini cake may be the only way I'll eat something green for dessert. I'm here with another sheet cake.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 13x9" baking pan..
- In a large bowl. Whisk the first 7 ing. Together. In another bowl whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla together until blended. Add flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Stir in zucchini..
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25 -30 minutes. Or until top springs back when lightly touched..
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack Icing recipe in next step..
- Melt 4 oz. Chopped unsweetened chocolate & 1/4 cup butter in a metal bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Place 1 can (5oz) evaporated milk & 1 cup sugar in a blender. Cover & process 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Add warm chocolate mixture cover & process just until mixture thickens to desired consistency. About 30 seconds. Mine took a little longer. Ice your cake. Store in refrigerator. You can also just dust with powered sugar..
Does that mean we can eat it for dinner? This chocolate zucchini cake was inspired by one I ate while in college in Burlington, Vermont. I worked as a photo assistant, after classes at UVM and before my shifts at Ben & Jerry's. Amazingly rich and decadent, this Chocolate Zucchini Cake is what all chocolate cakes should strive to be. It is so easy to make and no one will notice the zucchini in the cake, but they will be happy it's.