Recipe: Delicious Pecan Pie
You can have Pecan Pie using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie
- Prepare 2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It's 2 cup of Pecan halves.
- Prepare 1 of Refrigerated pie crust.
Pecan Pie instructions
- Heat oven to 375°F..
- Roll out pie crust into a pie pan. Use whatever method you like for the edges of your pie. I suggest youtube for ideas..
- Beat sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and eggs in a bowl with a wire whisk until well blended..
- Rough chop half your pecans and add to your sugar egg mixture. Please note the original recipe called for 1 cup however my family really likes a lot of pecans so at this point do what your family would prefer. Start with 1 cup and see how it looks to you..
- Pour your sugar, egg, pecan mixture into your prepared pie crust..
- My daughter likes to then take the second half of the pecans and arrange them beautifully on the top, make sure you push them down enough to get a bit of the sugar mixture over each pecan. You can just sprinkle the other half of them over your pie but remember to push them down..
- Bake your pie for 40-50 minutes until center is set. Half way through your cooking loosely wrap foil around the edge of your pie crust to prevent burning-This might take a bit of practice but your pie crust edges will not be slightly burned after such a long cooking time..
- Let your pie sit for about 20-30 minutes before serving. We like ours with vanilla ice cream or whip cream..