How to Prepare Perfect Kelly’s Pecan Pie
Kelly’s Pecan Pie. Pecan pie is a pie of pecan nuts mixed with a filling of eggs, butter, and sugar (typically corn syrup). Variations may include white or brown sugar, cane syrup, sugar syrup, molasses, maple syrup. This old fashioned classic pecan pie recipe has the perfect combination of salty and sweet flavor with gooey, crunchy textures in a flakey homemade butter.
Pecan Pie is Southern baking at its finest. It's made from pecans, with a filling that includes butter, sugar. Pecan Pie is always a favorite with my family and this one is dynamite! You can cook Kelly’s Pecan Pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kelly’s Pecan Pie
- You need of ☆1/2 cup sugar.
- Prepare of ☆1 TBSP melted butter.
- It's of ☆1 cup corn syrup (half light and half dark).
- Prepare of ☆3 eggs.
- It's of ☆1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Prepare of ☆1/8 tsp salt.
- You need of 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecan.
- It's 9 inches of pie shell - refer Kelly Pie Crust.
One thing that should be in the instructions is that the water and corn starch are mixed together before adding to the sugar mixture. Making perfect pecan pie is easier than you think. The Pioneer Woman shows you how with her delicious pecan pie recipe. Serve it at all your holiday gatherings.
Kelly’s Pecan Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the parchment paper into the shape of pie pan..
- Sprinkle flour all over a large cutting board and a rolling pin. Put the pie crust on the cutting board and spread light layer of flour..
- Give some light massage to the pie crust. Make it into a round shape. Gently spread into a thin large circle larger than your pie pan. Use small amount of flour on the rolling pin and crust to avoid sticking as you go..
- Place upside down pie pan on the crust and push it into the pan, and cut off the excess..
- Press the cut pie crust and the bottom. Use the leftover pie crust and press it on the side edge with your finger. Use fork to make the top design. (You should have more leftover pie crust).
- Make the filling. In a large bowl, mix well all the ingredients of ☆ then add pecans. Pour the filling in pie shell..
- By using leftover crust, make a lattice design for the top of the pie..
- Bake it for 40 minutes at lower rack of the oven. Check to see if the center is cooked by using a tooth pick..
I had always found the pie curious, and I'd always wanted to try it. Pecan Pie: When Christmas rolls around on, my mother's family gathers at the farmstead home of my Grandfather. It was here that I first roasted a turkey (brined), that I learned to start a fireplace blaze. Pecan pie, the simple, plain-looking pantry dessert made of pecans, butter, eggs, sugar, and corn syrup, doesn't quite have the same allure as a sparkling apple pie or a towering lemon meringue. This post may contain affiliate links.