How to Make Perfect Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup
Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup. Spicy fennel adds an edge to this smooth, roasted sweet red pepper soup. Plus: More Soup Recipes and Tips. Add cherry pepper and chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
Garnish with a swirl of remaining yogurt and a little basil, if desired. Spicy Seafood & Fennel Soup. by: lisina. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. You can have Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper , diced.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeno , diced.
- It's 2 of Celery stalks , diced.
- Prepare 1 of Fennel bulb , diced.
- You need 1 " 1 of potato medium , pieces.
- Prepare 1 - 2 " 2 of leeks Green ends of , pieces.
- It's 1/4 Teaspoon of paprika Smoked.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 6 Sprigs of thyme Fresh.
- It's 1 Cup of dry white wine.
- It's of Chicken seafood stock or.
- It's To Taste of Cream.
- Prepare of Crab shrimp lobster , , or cut into bitesize chunks.
- You need of flour.
Add onions, fennel, garlic and red pepper flakes. This light soup can be made up to three days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth. For a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup instructions
- Fill a large stock pot with water, add leeks, thyme, celery discards, bay leaf. Lightly simmer and reduce for 30 minutes to an hour. This will become your soup stock..
- After 30 minutes taste. It should be highly aromatic when done. You may add bullion or other stock to enhance flavor to taste, but be wary of the salinity as this will reduce further. Strain out the solids before use..
- In another stock pot, sauté red pepper, celery, jalapeño, and fennel until it browns a bit (10 minutes or so). Add flour and sauté for another few minutes to form light roux..
- Deglaze with white wine. Be sure to scrape all the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. When your flour-wine mixture forms a nice slurry and reduces mostly, add the potatoes, paprika, and stock. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes..
- When potatoes have softened, blend the soup until it’s smooth. Return to stove, bring to simmer, and let it reduce down. It should be fairly thick. Add your actual cream until desired richness and consistency. Salt to taste..
- Prep your seafood into bite size chunks. Poach in the soup for 5-10 minutes or until cooked. Garnish with fennel leaves..
If you're short on time, use bottled roasted red peppers..based broth with oodles of seafood, fennel and of course garlic in it since it is served at the stinking rose restaurant in LA Use ingredients as a guide, because fresh and local seafood Stir in the wine, then the tomatoes, parsley, red pepper flakes, clam juice, and water. Fresh red bell peppers blended with celery, carrots, onion, thyme, and rice take on a little heat from cayenne and red UGC Reviews Modal. Reviews for: Photos of Spicy Red Bell Pepper Soup. I turned this in to a seafood soup. At the end I added shrimp scallops & crab.