How to Make Appetizing Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet Potato Pie.
You can have Sweet Potato Pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
- You need of pie filling.
- You need 6 of medium sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 of squeezed lemon.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It's 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of whipped topping.
- It's 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need of pie crust.
- You need 1 box of store bought pie crust.
Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Peel and rough chop 5-6 medium to large sweet potatoes..
- Boil in water with a pinch of salt for 30 minutes or until fork tender..
- Drain sweet potatoes and allow to dry for a few minutes..
- In your preferred mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes, brown sugar, flour, eggs, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, evaporated milk, squeezed lemon, vanilla extract..
- Mix until blended but still with some texture. The texture from the sweet potatoes should be visually lumpy. This will add texture to the pie..
- Spread your pie crusts in a greased pie pan. I used my #8 cast iron pans..
- Spread foil over the pie in the pie pan, and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F..
- After the crust had baked, remove the foil and briefly allow to cool..
- Pour in your pie mixture, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes..
- Whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar..
- Slice and top with cool whip.