How to Cook Yummy German Chocolate Cake
German Chocolate Cake.
You can have German Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- You need of frosting.
- It's 300 grams of chocolate chips.
- You need 500 ml of whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of starch.
- It's 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- It's 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare 1 can of cherry pie filling.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1 of chocolate shavings (optional).
German Chocolate Cake instructions
- In a pot, slowly heat the whipping cream. When almost at a boil remove from heat and add the butter and chocolate chips. Mix with a whisk until everything is melted and smooth. You can choose milk or semi sweet chocolate chips..
- Put cream in fridge until cooled completely..
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a mixer, whip egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until peaks form..
- Combine all dry ingredients. Starch can be substituted with 1/2 cup of flour..
- While mixing, add melded butter to egg yolks.
- Alternating with the milk, add the dry ingredients while constantly mixing..
- Whip the egg whites until peaks form..
- With a whisk, carefully mix the egg whites with the batter..
- Grease the bottom of a round cake pan and fill in batter. Bake for 25-35 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick test comes out clean..
- Remove cake from pan an put on cooling rack..
- Take cream out of fridge and whip with mixer until peaks form..
- Slice cake into 3 layers. Spread cherry pie filling on first layer..
- Put 2nd layer on top and spread a layer of frosting, about 1/4" thick on top. Finish with 3rd layer and dirty ice the cake..
- Finish frosting the cake with the remaining frosting and sprinkle with chocolate shavings..