Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Homemade pumpkin pie and crust
Homemade pumpkin pie and crust.
You can cook Homemade pumpkin pie and crust using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade pumpkin pie and crust
- It's of for crust:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It's 8 tbsp of cold unsalted butter (1 stick).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of ice water.
- You need of pumpkin pie filling.
- It's 1 can of 15 oz pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 can of 12 oz evaporated milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of pumpkin spice.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It's 1 of whipped cream (optional).
Homemade pumpkin pie and crust step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° Mix flour, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to bowl. Use a pastry cutter or even a fork works to cut butter into flour mixture until butter is pea sized..
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons of ice water and mix just until it comes together... don't overwork the dough (use last tablespoon if needed).
- Shape dough to fit pie pan, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes..
- Replace plastic wrap with wax paper and use pie weights, a good layer dried beans or even rice. Place in middle rack of oven for 15 minutes..
- Remove wax paper and weights, beans or rice and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes to achieve a good color..
- Allow it to cool completely before adding pie filling..
- To make pumpkin pie filling:.
- Preheat oven to 425° Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, sugar and spice. Gradually stir in evaporated milk..
- Pour in cooled pie crust, bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving..